According to state radio station RUV, a volcanic eruption can be expected on Iceland’s largest glacier Vatnajökull within a few years. Increased volcanic activity in the middle of Vatnajökull at Lake Grímsvötn has already caused great changes on the glacier.
Volcanic eruption expected on Vatnajökull
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Tourist Death in Djúpivogur, Southeast Iceland
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Are there any public laundry facilities in Iceland?
- What kind of gun laws exist in Iceland?
- Icelandic State Pays Damages to Pregnant Woman Who Was Deported