Two brothers from Grindavík in southwest Iceland, 10 and 17-years-old, were injured on Friday when an explosive they were making from a firework went off inside the bedroom of the older brother.
A police officer on duty in Grindavík was quick to arrive on the scene after receiving a report of the explosion and rode with the ambulance taking the boys to Reykjavík, Morgunbladid reports.
According to the police officer, the older brother suffered injuries to his upper arm and was found to have damaged his eyesight. The younger brother’s injuries were not as severe; he complained of chest pains but has now been released.
One of the windows in the bedrooms where the boys were making the explosive shattered when it went off, but no other damages were reported.