Skyr Gobbler eats paint by accident Skip to content

Skyr Gobbler eats paint by accident

By Iceland Review

Skyr Gobbler has been hospitalized after swallowing a bucket of white paint in Reykjavík last night, which he confused with his favorite dairy product – skyr.

The yule lad thought he had discovered old-fashioned skyr, which used to be stored in big containers, broke the lid with his fist and drank the content. Júlli.is reports.

The paint had to be pumped out of the big-bellied yule lad at a nearby hospital, who is currently recovering after the accident.

“I’m OK now, although my stomach still hurts,” Skyr Gobbler wrote in a statement emailed to icelandreview.com this morning. “I was so sick of fruit-flavored skyr in small plastic containers that I didn’t think twice before swallowing the paint,” he explained.

Having stomach ache is something Skyr Gobbler is used to. He normally stuffs himself with the dairy delicacy until he is about to burst, as described in Jólasveinarnir.

Because of his size, Skyr Gobbler is not good at climbing walls for reaching children’s shoes in windows on the upper floors of apartment complexes. But he has developed a good aim, so he throws the presents into the shoes instead.

Photo by Ragnar Th. Sigurdsson. Courtesy of Snow Magic.

Sign up for our weekly newsletter

Get news from Iceland, photos, and in-depth stories delivered to your inbox every week!

* indicates required

Subscribe to Iceland Review

In-depth stories and high-quality photography showcasing life in Iceland!