Morgunbladid reports that a male reindeer had to be put down when it and another reindeer got stuck in an old fence-net west of Flatey, near Höfn í Hornafjördur. The other deer was freed after his horns were shot off. The unlucky first deer was so badly injured, with wires around its neck and mouth, that it had to be killed. See also www.hreindyr.is
Sad day for one unlucky reindeer
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Intact Walls from an 11th Century Turf House Found in Seyðisfjörður
- Sculpture Will Be Relocated Following Fatal Accident
- What kind of gun laws exist in Iceland?
- Are there any public laundry facilities in Iceland?