The Icelandic Red Cross celebrated its 80 year anniversary and opened the Konukot, or women’s shelter, yesterday. The shelter has beds and facilities for eight women. The Red Cross estimates that there are between 20 and 40 homeless women in Reykjavík.
Red Cross of Iceland Opens Women’s Shelter
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Intact Walls from an 11th Century Turf House Found in Seyðisfjörður
- Sculpture Will Be Relocated Following Fatal Accident
- What kind of gun laws exist in Iceland?
- Are there any public laundry facilities in Iceland?