Dr. Abdul Kalam, president of India arrived in Iceland yesterday on an official state visit. During his stay he will participate in a conference on the Icelandic pharmaceutical industry and inspect warning systems for earthquakes and other natural disasters. Dr. Kalam will also visit the geothermal power station at Nesjavellir and attend a symposium on the utilization of geothermal energy and hydrogen. Accompanying the president is a large delegation including ministers, scientists, high-level officials and high-ranking business people from from India and the US. This is the first time a president of India makes an official visit to Iceland. The president will depart on Tuesday.
President of India arrives in Iceland
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Tourist Death in Djúpivogur, Southeast Iceland
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Are there any public laundry facilities in Iceland?
- What kind of gun laws exist in Iceland?
- Icelandic State Pays Damages to Pregnant Woman Who Was Deported