One Hospitalised After Fire in Guesthouse Skip to content

One Hospitalised After Fire in Guesthouse

A fire broke out at a central Reykjavík guesthouse last night, leading to one hospitalization, RÚV reports. Firefighters rescued 12 foreign tourists trapped on the balconies of the guesthouse. One guest was taken to emergency due to possible smoke inhalation after attempting to escape via the stairway.

The fire seems to have originated in the basement of the building, filling the shop and street level and the stairway above it with smoke.

Police in the capital area are currently investigating whether the guesthouse was licensed according to law.

Sign up for our weekly newsletter

Get news from Iceland, photos, and in-depth stories delivered to your inbox every week!

Subscribe to Iceland Review

In-depth stories and high-quality photography showcasing life in Iceland!

Share article

Facebook
Twitter

Recommended Posts