The IU or Icelandic Radio Company, a division of Nordurljos, has cut three major stations. Citing long-standing losses, manager Gunnar Smári cut the popular rock stations X and Skon Rokk. He announced that three stations will remain: 95.7, Bylgjan and a talk radio station.
No More Rock in Reykjavik
- Tourist Death in Djúpivogur, Southeast Iceland
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Fourteen People Rescued from Glacier in Massive, 24-Hour ICE-SAR Operation
- Baldur Ferry Breaks Down Again, Service May Be Suspended
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Are there any public laundry facilities in Iceland?