According to a Fréttabladid survey, current chair of the Alliance Party Össur Skarpheidsson has lost a great deal of support. The survey asked who people would choose as leader of the Alliance Party: 63% chose Ingibjörg Sólrún Gísladóttir, former Mayor of Reykjavík, against only 32% for Skarpheidsson.
New Leader for Alliance Party
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Tourist Death in Djúpivogur, Southeast Iceland
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Baldur Ferry Breaks Down Again, Service May Be Suspended
- Business Booming for Online Alcohol Retailers, Even Though Online Sales Aren’t Legal
- Fourteen People Rescued from Glacier in Massive, 24-Hour ICE-SAR Operation