Morgunblaðið reports today that Iceland Express has started flying into Hahn airport in the vicinity of Frankfurt. The company also expects to announce several additional destinations shortly, bringing the total number of flight routes from three (Frankfurt, London and Copenhagen) to four, or even six, according to Birgir Jónsson, the CEO of Iceland Express. Germany was a popular destination for Icelanders at the time when Icelandair still flew into Luxembourg, and Iceland is a popular destination for German tourists. “We are stimulating traffic both ways” Birgir said, “the demand is there”.
New destination for Iceland Express
- Tourist Death in Djúpivogur, Southeast Iceland
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Fourteen People Rescued from Glacier in Massive, 24-Hour ICE-SAR Operation
- Baldur Ferry Breaks Down Again, Service May Be Suspended
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Are there any public laundry facilities in Iceland?