According to Morgunbladid, the minister of justice, Björn Bjarnason, has refused to investigate alleged transfer of CIA prisoners through Keflavík Airport. Following reports of CIA transfers of prisoners to non-US detention facilities for torture, a member of parliament, Helgi Hjörvar, had suggested that he should open an official inquiry into whether or not CIA prisoners were moved between countries via Keflavik Airport. Björn refused saying that the reports were based on rumors and an official inquiry would not be initiated unless there was “evidence or suspicion” of the alleged transfer of prisoners.
Minister of justice refuses to investigate alleged CIA prison transfers through Keflavik
- Intact Walls from an 11th Century Turf House Found in Seyðisfjörður
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Sculpture Will Be Relocated Following Fatal Accident
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Flashing Red Light to Warn of Dangerous Waves at Reynisfjara
- Rabbit Rescue Hops to Rehome Sixty Bunnies