Man Injured in Explosion Passes Away Skip to content

Man Injured in Explosion Passes Away

death-announcementsThe man who suffered extensive burns in Sunday’s explosion at a Reykjavík apartment has died. The man was being kept unconscious on a ventilator at Landspítali national hospital.

The powerful explosion is thought to have been caused by a gas leak, ruv.is reports.

Glass was scattered over a large area including the playground opposite the apartment block as a result of the explosion. Fire marshal Jón Viðar Mattíasson at the capital area fire department said the blast was one of the largest he had seen in a very long time.

ZR

Sign up for our weekly newsletter

Get news from Iceland, photos, and in-depth stories delivered to your inbox every week!

* indicates required

Subscribe to Iceland Review

In-depth stories and high-quality photography showcasing life in Iceland!

Share article

Facebook
Twitter