In an effort to promote the 10 Mental Health Commandments, the Reykjavík City is sending magnets displaying the commandments to all homes in Reykjavík this week. Magnets in English were sent to those foreigners in Reykjavík “who have difficulty reading Icelandic” reports Morgunbladid.
The 10 Mental Health Commandments are sayings that remind individuals what they can do on a daily basis to promote their mental health. They are based on the traits of those who are believed to lead successful lives.
The 10 Mental Health Commandments are:
1) Think positively; it’s easier
2) Cherish the ones you love
3) Continue learning as long as you live
4) Learn from your mistakes
5) Exercise daily; it enhances your well being
6) Do not complicate your life unnecessarily
7) Try to understand those around you and encourage them
8) Do not give up; success in life is a marathon
9) Discover and nurture your talents
10) Set goals for yourself and pursue your dreams