Discussions concerning the future of the defense force in Keflavík Airport began in Washington yesterday. Discussions include negotiations concerning the jurisdiction of the Icelandic authorities and the defense force, and the finances of the base in Keflavík. The Icelandic delegation is led by Albert Jónsson. Meetings will continue through this week.
Keflavík base under scrutiny
- Tourist Death in Djúpivogur, Southeast Iceland
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Fourteen People Rescued from Glacier in Massive, 24-Hour ICE-SAR Operation
- Baldur Ferry Breaks Down Again, Service May Be Suspended
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Are there any public laundry facilities in Iceland?