On June 19th, Icelandic women will celebrate 90 years of voting rights. The celebration, held at Thingvellir, begins at 1 pm at Almannagjá with trumpet and choral music. Ms. Vigdís Finnbogadóttir, Iceland’s former president, will then hold a speech commemorating the occasion. Buses will run from the Technical University and main building of the University of Iceland to Thingvellir.
Icelandic women celebrate 90 years of voting
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Tourist Death in Djúpivogur, Southeast Iceland
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Are there any public laundry facilities in Iceland?
- What kind of gun laws exist in Iceland?
- Icelandic State Pays Damages to Pregnant Woman Who Was Deported