The Icelandic government puts too much emphasis is on heavy industry and power plants, reports the Icelandic National Broadcasting Service, RÚV. According to Dorfi Hermannsson, a graduate student in economics, the hi- tech industry is suffering because of the heavy industry policy. RÚV quotes Dorfi saying that the government’s heavy industry policy is crowding out hi-tech industries, which would be much more beneficial to the economy than heavy industry. He says that Icelanders should use their brainpower to create jobs as other western nations do.
Heavy industry crowds out hi-tech
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Tourist Death in Djúpivogur, Southeast Iceland
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Are there any public laundry facilities in Iceland?
- What kind of gun laws exist in Iceland?
- Icelandic State Pays Damages to Pregnant Woman Who Was Deported