A large earthquake occurred last night 200km off the coast of eastern Iceland. The quake measured 5.2 on the Richter Scale, and could be felt in the towns of Neskaupsstadur and Egilsstadur. According do the Icelandic Meteorological Office, there are upwards of 15 small earthquakes in or near Iceland every day.
Earthquake East of Iceland
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Intact Walls from an 11th Century Turf House Found in Seyðisfjörður
- Sculpture Will Be Relocated Following Fatal Accident
- What kind of gun laws exist in Iceland?
- Rabbit Rescue Hops to Rehome Sixty Bunnies