Direct flights from Katowice in Poland and Egilstadir started this weekend. For the next 60 weeks, Hungarian Airline Wizzair will offer weekly charter flights for Bechtel, the main contractor for building the Alcoa aluminum smelter at Reydarfjordur. Many Polish people are employed at the construction site. A Wizzair Airbus 320 is being used for the flights.
Direct flights between Iceland and Poland
- Intact Walls from an 11th Century Turf House Found in Seyðisfjörður
- Sculpture Will Be Relocated Following Fatal Accident
- Tourist Dies at Reynisfjara, Group Caught by Waves in the Same Spot the Next Day
- Flashing Red Light to Warn of Dangerous Waves at Reynisfjara
- Rabbit Rescue Hops to Rehome Sixty Bunnies
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus