Child Loses Finger in Swimming Pool Skip to content

Child Loses Finger in Swimming Pool

An eight-year-old girl lost a right hand index finger while bathing in the swimming pool in Laugardalur in Reykjavík on Saturday. She seems to have tangled her finger in a wiring fastening a warning signal on a hot tub.

According to Fréttabladid, the girl then lost her balance and fell so her finger got cut off.

The girl was taken to the National Hospital where she underwent a complicated surgery, but it is unclear whether she will keep the finger.

Sign up for our weekly newsletter

Get news from Iceland, photos, and in-depth stories delivered to your inbox every week!

Subscribe to Iceland Review

In-depth stories and high-quality photography showcasing life in Iceland!

Share article

Facebook
Twitter

Recommended Posts