Teen and pre-teen idol Birgitta Haukdal has captured the top spot on the national charts with sales of her album Perlur (Pearls), a children’s album. Birgitta has a great deal of visibility at the moment: a doll in her likeness is sold at local department stores, and she sings a Christmas-themed commercial for the Smáralind Shopping Mall, which has also been taken up as a radio single.
Birgitta Tops the Charts
- Intact Walls from an 11th Century Turf House Found in Seyðisfjörður
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Sculpture Will Be Relocated Following Fatal Accident
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Flashing Red Light to Warn of Dangerous Waves at Reynisfjara
- Rabbit Rescue Hops to Rehome Sixty Bunnies