News station NFS reports that the likelihood of a white Christmas suddenly shot up yesterday. For the last two decades Reykjavík has experienced sub – zero temperatures approximately every other Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The temperature has sometimes been as high as 8 degrees. According to NFS a “red Christmas” was forecasted until yesterday when the weather station saw signs of snow on the 23. of December.
A white Christmas?
- Whaling Restarts in Iceland Following Four-Year Hiatus
- Road to Landmannalaugar Opens For the Summer
- Intact Walls from an 11th Century Turf House Found in Seyðisfjörður
- Sculpture Will Be Relocated Following Fatal Accident
- Flashing Red Light to Warn of Dangerous Waves at Reynisfjara
- Are there any public laundry facilities in Iceland?